- Our Center
- Hair Restoration
- Before & Afters
Hair Doctor Newport Beach, Hair Loss California, Hair Transplant Newport Beach California, Newport Beach Hair Restoration
Newport Beach Hair MD
Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Dr. Richard Chaffoo is the founder and surgical director of Newport Beach Hair MD offering advanced hair replacement and restoration in the Newport Beach area. He is a triple board-certified plastic surgeon with 30 years of surgical experience. His accomplishments include past President of the San Diego Plastic Surgery Society and current Chief of Plastic Surgery at Scripps Memorial Hospital, Encinitas.
Newport Beach Hair MD is the nation's first hair surgery facility directed by both a board-certified plastic surgeon and a dermatologist. Our patients receive the highest quality care available in our state-of-the-art center by a team of highly trained and professional staff who work closely with our doctors to provide natural-looking results. Each patient is unique, and we tailor our approach to meet their aesthetic needs in a discreet, friendly, and personable environment.
Meet our hair doctor, Richard Chaffoo to find out if hair restoration surgery is right for you, request a consultation or call 949-612-2002
Why Is Board Certification Important?
Unfortunately, any doctor can perform cosmetic surgery, including hair replacement surgery, in his or her office with no formal surgical training. When you choose a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), you can feel confident that your surgeon is:
- Certified by the only surgical board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) that certifies surgeons in cosmetic surgery of the entire body, including the hair and scalp.
- Skilled and experienced in cosmetic surgery, an integral part of which involves the face, scalp, and hairline.
- Extensively trained to perform all aspects of hair surgery, both aesthetic and reconstructive.
- Uniquely qualified to perform complex surgical correction of difficult scalp and hair defects caused by burns, cancer, birth defects, trauma, and genetic conditions such as male pattern baldness.
In addition to certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Chaffoo is certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery). His triple board-certification demonstrates his level of expertise and dedication to his profession.
Highlights of Dr. Chaffoo's training and professional accomplishments include the following:
- Newport Beach hair doctor, Richard Chaffoo has completed a total of 9 years of post-graduate surgical training after medical school.
- Two surgical residencies: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- Three fellowships: Facial Aesthetic Surgery at Stanford University Medical Center, Head & Neck Oncologic Surgery at Stanford University Medical Center, Burn Surgery at UCSD Medical Center
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) – Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) – Member
- American Head & Neck Society – Fellow
- San Diego Plastic Surgery Society – Past President
- Scripps Memorial Hospital, Encinitas – Chief of Plastic Surgery
In addition, Dr. Chaffoo is listed as one of the top plastic surgeons in the U.S. by Castle Connolly. After nomination by peers, this honor is bestowed upon just 5% of all U.S. plastic surgeons.
Treatments May Minimize Hair Loss In Both Men And Women
Newport Beach hair transplant surgeon, Dr. Richard Chaffoo discusses treatments to help minimize hair loss in both men and women in San Diego Times Tribune. What causes hair loss? How can it be treated? Breakthroughs in shampoos and medications, such as Rogaine and Finasteride have given promise to patients suffering from hair loss, however are more likely to stabilize hair rather than regrow hair. Dr. Chaffoo explains the technological breakthroughs of NeoGraft hair restoration for Male & Female Pattern Baldness and how new advancements of hair transplant provide an average of 95 to 98 percent of permanent hair growth.
Hair Replacement Can Make You Appear More Attractive, According To Study
Newport Beach hair restoration surgeon, Dr. Richard Chaffoo, is featured in Beauty Wire Magazine! Dr. Chaffoo discusses a study that claims hair replacement can make men appear more attractive, approachable, and successful. The study shows that men who underwent hair transplant surgery are viewed more favorably in the workplace, as well as in social situations. Newport Beach Hair Restoration provides a variety of hair replacement techniques to restore a fuller, more natural head of hair, including NeoGraft minimally invasive hair restoration.
Susan Stuart, MD
As one of the world's most renowned dermatologists, Dr. Susan Stuart is the co-director of Newport Beach Hair MD. She brings a wealth of expertise and training to our patients as a leading authority on the medical causes and various treatments of hair loss for both men and women who visit us for hair replacement and restoration in the Newport Beach area. Dr. Stuart has received her education at leading institutions in the U.S. including Duke University, Stanford University School of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, and Tulane University School of Medicine. Dr. Stuart is also the founder of La Jolla Dermatology, past president of the San Diego Dermatologic Society, and previous two-term Chief of the Dermatology Division at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla. She is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Stuart is constantly in demand as the go-to dermatologist by the national media where their editors regularly feature her in Cosmopolitan, Better Homes & Gardens, In Style, and The Huffington Post amongst many others. She has been voted as the "Best Dermatologist" in La Jolla Light Magazine and Ranch and Coast for many years.
Dr. Stuart is highly qualified and experienced hair doctor. To get started, request a consultation or call at 949-612-2002
Education & Training
- Duke University - Undergraduate Degree
- Tulane University School of Medicine - Medical Degree
- Mercy Hospital Medical Center San Diego - Internship
- Emory University Dermatology Training Program - Residency
- Stanford University Medical Center - Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology - Fellow
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery - Member
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery – Fellow
NeoGraft on the Rachael Ray Show
NeoGraft Hair Restoration Animation*
NeoGraft One Year Later*